Since our weather is finally beginning to feel more like summer, we wanted to spotlight something related to an activity that Minnesotans do mainly in the summer: SWIMMING! It is finally time to grab your beach towel, sunblock and flip-flops and hit the beach!
If last year’s suit isn’t cutting it, keep these tips in mind when you are shopping for a new swimsuit:
1. Elongate a petite frame with a one-piece suit that has thin vertical stripes. Lend short legs length with a suit cut high on the hip.
2. Use blocks of color to divert attention from wide hips or a belly bulge. Wear one-piece suits with a dark-colored, solid lower half and a lighter-colored or printed bodice.
3. Give a square or boyish figure the appearance of a waist with a one-piece or tankini (a bikini with a top shaped like a tank top) that has a darker color from the crotch to the middle ribs and a lighter color over the chest. Consider a skort – a combination short and skirt to conceal and divert attention away from a too-round bottom.
4. Minimize a full chest with a dark, monochromatic bodice that has a high or square-cut neck. Make sure the suit offers ample support to resist drooping or sagging, and choose a wider-cut bottom to balance your overall look.
5. If you have toned legs and beautiful shoulders, flaunt them in a string bikini or cutout one-piece swimsuit.
6. Choose suits with at least 15 percent spandex to minimize flabby areas.
One of the hottest trends this summer for suits is the stylish one-shoulder number. Taking the lead from the current trend in one-shoulder toga-style dresses and asymmetrical necklines, this year’s single-shoulder swimsuits are sophisticated and beautiful. The diagonal line narrows across the upper body for a flattering look. Plus one shoulder will be without tan lines that way!
Don’t forget to slather on sunblock while you are out there enjoying the sun and sand! Stop into Belladerm to stock your beach bag–we have amazing products to guard your skin from harmful rays! Enjoy your summer and whatever swimsuit you decide to wear, just make sure it is one you feel comfortable and confident in, and you can’t go wrong!