What is a dermal filler?
Restylane®, Perlane® and Juvéderm® are natural substances that already exist in the human body called Hyaluronic Acid that restore fullness and smoother contours to your face. These fillers are for deeper wrinkles or creases.
Does it correct all of my wrinkles?
You will have an 80 to 100% improvement in the appearance of the injected lines and wrinkles temporarily.
How long does it last?
It depends on the product, but approximately 6-9 months. Since everyone's body metabolizes differently, it can last from 6 months to one year.
Does it go away completely?
Yes, if you stop getting the injections, the material is degraded by the body leaving no traces of the dermal filler in the body.
Is there any pre-treatment required?
Avoid any products containing aspirin, Ibuprofen, St. John's Wort or high doses of Vitamin E for 1 week prior to treatment to help decrease bruising and bleeding at the injection site.
Is there any post-treatment required?
You will need to leave the area alone for 6 hours after treatment and refrain from aerobic exercise for 24 hours. There might be redness, swelling and minor bruising at the injection sites.
Does it hurt?
There is minimal discomfort, but a topical or local anesthetic is available if needed.
What else should you know about Juvéderm Voluma™ XC?
- First and only Hyaluronic Acid (HA) filler FDA-approved to instantly add volume to the cheek area, resulting in a subtle lift
- Clinically proven to last up to 2 years with optimal treatment
- Juvéderm Voluma™ XC is from the makers of the #1 family of fillers
- After 24 hours, you should be able to resume your normal activities
- Side effects are moderate and generally last 2 to 4 weeks. Common side effects include temporary reactions at the treatment site such as tenderness, swelling, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, pain, redness, discoloration, and itching.